- Submit the change of address form 3-4 weeks before you actually move. Now you can submit it online by visiting www.USPS.com
- Call your utility service companies to disconnect the services. If you move locally and have a chance to return to your old location, leave the power and water on for a few extra days, so you can clean up after the move.
- Pack up a few things each day. Don’t wait until last days. You can start from the things you don’t use or don’t plan to use until you relocate.
- Keep the weight of your boxes around 40lbs. If possible, put heavy items in small boxes to make them easier to carry.
- Mark each box with its destination room. That way, you or your movers will know where to place each box in your new home.
- If your moving company is doing the packing, arrange for it to be done one or two days before the move.
- Have a garage sale to clear out unwanted items and plan accordingly. Consider donating unwanted items.
- Pack a special box with the tools and essentials you’ll need right away. Load it last, unload it first.
- Never pack flammable items or non-allowable items.
- Empty your lawnmower and power tools of fuel
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator/freezer.
- Use wardrobe boxes to move your clothes. Without taking them from hangers, you will save the time and cost of ironing and dry cleaning. You can also use the room on the bottom of the box for shoes, throw pillows and linens.
- Separate breakables and non-breakables.
- Pack items you know you’ll need (sheets, towels, toiletries, tissues and a change of clothes) in your clothes hamper on moving day and you’ll know just where to find them at your new place.
- Load households last and unload them first.
- Load the heaviest items first, in front, and on the floor. Pack items firmly and closely.
- Contact your bank and arrange transfer of your accounts; order checks with new address; clean out your safety deposit box.
- Try to reserve a parking space for the truck if the area is congested.
- Search every room of your home. See that nothing is overlooked.
- Leave a note with your new address in the house so that future residents can forward any stray mail.
You may find additional tips here and also on this page
If you can’t find the information you need on this page, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
All our trucks carry wardrobe boxes and you are welcome to use them. If you need moving boxes and packing supplies feel free to ask when you call for a moving quote.
Call 801-347-7786 For a Free Moving Quote
E-Z Moving is a professional moving company in Salt Lake City, Utah. E-Z Moving specializes in local moves in UT.
We can handle everything from packing, loading, moving and unloading of all your household items to your new residence.
We provide free estimates, local moving services, residential and commercial moving, loading and unloading of your rental truck, full packing service, careful and courteous movers, packing supplies, piano and more.
We do not provide storage services. You may visit this Storage Site to find a self storage facility in your area.
How To Contact E-Z Moving
If you have any questions about our services or would like to book a free estimate or get a moving quote for your upcoming move please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out our moving quote form.
291 Troy Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84107